1251 Avenue of the Americas
|Formerly known as||Exxon Building|
1251 6th Avenue
|Designed by||Harrison & Abramovitz|
|Maximum height||750 feet/225 meters|
- Floor space: 2,400,000 square feet
- Developer: The Rockefeller Group
- Developer: Exxon
- The building features a plaza with a pool and fountains that are popular among thousands of pedestrians that pause there each day.
- The windows are just four feet, eight inches wide.
- This building was built for the Exxon corporation.
- This building is part of the Rockefeller Center Extension project.
- It is often reported that this building has just 54 stories. This is incorrect. There are 55.
- This building extends four stories underground.
- This building has 36 elevators, including three freight elevators that are twice as tall as the regular elevators.
- 1986: This building was purchased by Mitsui Fudosan
- May, 2013: This building was awarded LEED Silver status